Saturday, May 11, 2013

Be still...

It's a beautiful spring day here in the Ozarks! I went for a long walk earlier and it was so good to get outside and breathe the fresh air! I loved watching the clouds move across the sky and seeing the contrast of light and color.

I stopped at the school playground and went for a swing. It was exhilarating! Isn't it wonderful that our bodies can power such a ride?

I resisted the voice in my head that kept nagging that I needed to be doing something more productive. It's easier for me to get busy than it is to take time to ponder and reflect. I sat at a picnic table and prayed. I felt God near. I'm thankful I could take time
to be still.

"Be still, and know that I am God..." ~Psalm 46:10

I especially liked seeing the many maple seeds spin like miniature helicopters through the air! What a fun reminder of God's love!
 
 
Did you know you can EAT maple seeds?! Check it out:
http://www.wikihow.com/Eat-Maple-Seeds

Here are some other good websites about maple seeds:
Origami Maple Seed
Maple Seed Helicopters
Flying Maple Seeds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment